Sydney, Nov.23 (ANI): Overlooked fast bowler Stuart Clark still believes he has a Test future and wants to be a part of Australia's next Ashes campaign in 2010-11.
Clark was the only casualty from Australia's Ashes defeat at the Oval earlier this year, missing out on a spot in the Australia's opening Test against the West Indies starting Thursday in Brisbane, reports Fox Sports.
He said at Sydney Airport on Monday he needed to keep taking wickets in domestic cricket to ensure he remains high up on the selector's thinking in case one of Australia's frontline quicks broke down.
"I think it is pretty simple, take some wickets and hopefully a spot becomes available, there's probably going to be an injury because the guys that played in England at different times did a really good job and deserve their spots," he said.
"Doug (Bollinger) bowled well in India, they went down that path."
But Clark, 34, said he was heartened by selection chairman Andrew Hilditch's comments that his age wasn't a factor in his dumping from the national set-up. (ANI)