3 injured in fire at Jodhpur's handloom showroom

Written by: Super Admin
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Jodhpur, Nov 21(ANI): At least three people were injured and properties worth millions were gutted following a fire in a building which houses the National Handloom Corporation Showroom in Jodhpur on Saturday.

Several fire tenders were pressed into service to put out the flames.

Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, who came to take stock of the situation, said that he would stop construction of commercial buildings in the residential areas.

"The people are renting their houses in residential areas, which then are converted into shops, which should not be there. We are going to prevent it," Gehlot said.

The cause of the fire could not be ascertained. (ANI)

Please Wait while comments are loading...