Mumbai, Nov.18 (ANI): National Security Guards (NSG) commandoes, who played a pivotal role in rescuing victims during last year's Mumbai terror attacks, on Wednesday gave their statements in-camera before a special court through video conferencing. .
Last month, the trial court had summoned some commandos as witnesses but the Bombay High Court directed that their deposition be kept confidential so as not to give out their strategy and tactics.
"NSG commandoes gave their statement in-camera on the order of High Court...since these proceedings are confidential so I will not comment and speak what they (commandoes) said," Chief Public Prosecutor Ujjawal Nikam told reporters in Mumbai.
Nikam said that Mohammad Ajmal Kasab, accused to be the sole surviving gunman of the last year's Mumbai strikes, keeps making flimsy grievances.
"Ajmal Kasab has the habit of complaining, last time he told the court that the food given to him in jail is laced with tranquilisers, he also produced a sample of some powder before the court. On his complaint, the court sent the packet for medical examination and the report and the experts have opined that the sample did not contain any tranquiliser," added Nikam.
Ten gunmen landed on Mumbai shores by boats at sunset on November 26, 2008 and fired indiscriminately at a busy railway station, a Jewish settlement, restaurant and luxury hotels.
Several people were held hostage for the next three days and at least 166 people were killed before NSG commandoes smoked out the last of the terrorists on November 28th.
Pakistan has acknowledged that the Mumbai attack was plotted and partly launched from its soil and has put on trial seven suspects, though the key suspects like Hafiz Sayeed despite being in Pakistan have not been brought to justice for the Mumbai attack. (ANI)