Furniture shop gutted by fire in Chandigarh

Written by: Super Admin
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Chandigarh, Nov. 13 (ANI): A major fire gutted a furniture shop in Chandigarh on Friday causing losses worth millions of rupees.

According to eyewitnesses, the fire started due to a spark from the neighbouring shop, where some welding work was going on.

The chemicals kept for polishing amplified the fire.

"Some welding work was going on in the next shop and a spark from there led to the fire. It is a furniture shop, there were chemicals as well, kept for polishing and all, and they speeded up the fire," said Chhote Lal.

Fire fighters were busy dousing the fire, which raged wildly.

Negligence is being suspected as the cause of this fire. (ANI)

Please Wait while comments are loading...