Kayani rejects report about receiving outside help in South Waziristan offensive

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Lahore, Oct.26 (ANI): Pakistan Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Ashfaq Kayani has rebuked reports that the armed forces were receiving foreign help in the South Waziristan offensive.

General Kayani, who visited the war-zone on Sunday to take stock of the situation, vowed that the operation would be completed on time, and that the Pakistani forces were conducting it without any outside support.

He said the offensive was not against any particular tribe or area.

"The Army is not conducting operations against any tribe or area, but against handful of terrorists who have not only destroyed the peace and tribal traditions of the area but have also made the majority of the people hostage to their anti-state agenda," The Nation quoted General Kayani, as saying.

Earlier, media reports suggested that the United States is offering the Pakistan Army unprecedented assistance in ongoing offensive against the Taliban in its stronghold.

According to American officials, the US military is providing intelligence and surveillance video from unmanned aircrafts to the Pakistani forces to assist them in the operation 'Rah-e-Nijat', which was kicked-off last week.

Officials said information provided to Pakistan is being used exclusively for intelligence gathering in the on-going war, which is seen as the 'mother of all battles'. (ANI)

Please Wait while comments are loading...