Six firemen die from suffocation in Thane fire

Written by: Super Admin
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Thane (Maharashtra), Oct 18 (ANI): At least six firemen working with the Thane fire service died from suffocation after getting stuck in a lift in a housing complex where they had gone to put out a blaze.

According to sources, "Around 11.30 pm last night, the fire brigade received a call about a fire in a house on the 14th floor of Punarvasu building in the complex. The firemen rushed there, put out the blaze and returned only to be called once again at about 3.30 a.m."

"They took the lift but it failed and got stuck in between. All efforts to rescue them failed and they were suffocated to death," sources added.

The reason why the lift got stuck is being ascertained. (ANI)

Please Wait while comments are loading...