London, Sep 29 (ANI): The sudden death of a 14-year-old girl ollowing a vaccination for cervical cancer has caused fear among thers who have taken it, or are yet to take.
An urgent probe into why the girl, named in reports as Natalie orton, died shortly after being given a cervical cancer vaccine t school is being carried out.
Morton died on September 28 in hospital shortly after receiving he HPV1 Cervarix jab at the Blue Coat Church of England School n Coventry.
She apparently suffered a "rare but extreme reaction" after being iven the injection, with a number of other girls also suffering izziness and nausea being sent home.
Health bosses in Coventry have launched an immediate nvestigation into her death, also quarantining the batch of ervarix allocated to the school as a "precautionary measure".
Charmaine Dunn-Myria, 15, who was in the same year as Natalie, aid that pupils were in tears after being told about the death.
"There was panic around the school when we found out what appened," the Daily Express quoted her as having told the Daily elegraph.
"Girls were in tears in the corridors and everyone was in shock. had my jab as well and I was really worried about it and that omething was going to happen to me.
"They never told us that there was any danger in these jabs. I idn't know you could get sick or die from them.
"The school gave everyone a letter telling us about Natalie and he three other girls. I am just really scared about what will appen to them. I can't believe this has happened," she added.
The vaccines were administered as part of the national mmunisation programme to protect women against the disease, hich has seen more than 1.4 million doses of the vaccine given ut so far. (ANI)