Melbourne, Sep.22 (ANI): Notwithstanding the terror warnings that forced Victoria Premier John Brumby to cancel his visit, several Australian cricketers would be visiting Mumbai to participate in a one-day match scheduled to be held on November 11.
Cricket Australia has made it clear that the warnings would have no effect on the proposed Indian tour and the match will be held in Mumbai in November just after the warnings expire.
"We are not being blase about it, we obviously are continuing to speak to people and will continue as we always do to take the latest and best information, but there is no issue at this stage with any cricket Australia or the states are contemplating," The Herald Sun quoted a Cricket Australia spokesman, as saying.
Australian domestic T20 squads such as Victoria and NSW would also visit India next month for the Twenty20 Champions League.
"The specific advice that we have is that the concern was with Mumbai in the months of September and October, specifically Mumbai and specifically September and October.
The Champions League Twenty20 doesn't happen in Mumbai, and the Australian side is not due to play until November," the spokesman added.
Meanwhile, an Indian official has expressed disappointment over Brumby's decision to not to include Mumbai in his itinerary for the Indian tour.
India's consul-general in Melbourne, Anita Nayar said being a top leader Brumby would have set-up an example by visiting Mumbai.
"I do remember some very heartening statements made last year when the Mumbai blast took place by some Australians in Mumbai saying we won't be frightened away.It would have been great if the Premier could have sent that message. We certainly would have liked him to be there," Nayar said.
Brumby was scheduled to visit a college in Mumbai associated with the Monash University and play cricket with students there, but will now spend more time in New Delhi.
New Delhi has also rejected apprehensions regarding any threat to visiting Australian dignitary in India.
"There is no connection whatsoever between the unfortunate attacks on Indian students in Australia and the threat perception against any visiting dignitary to India, especially any visiting dignitaries from Australia," a government spokesman said.
"Where the Victorian Premier wants to travel or not to travel is for him to decide.
There's no link between the two issues and we're very clear that all courtesies and security are extended to any visiting dignitary," he added. (ANI)