Chidambaram blames Pak of deliberately holding up 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks probe

Subscribe to Oneindia News

New Delhi, Sep.5 (ANI): Expressing India's utter disappointment over the way the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks probe is being handled in Pakistan, Union Home Minister P.Chidambaram on Saturday blamed the Pakistan Government for deliberating holding it up.

Chidambaram said the Government of India was thoroughly and totally dissatisfied by Pakistan's response.

"We are thoroughly and totally dissatisfied by the Pakistan Government. The trial in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks hasn't opened as yet," said Chidambaram in an interview to Al-Jazeera channel on Saturday.

Remarking about Pakistan's conduct so far in the 26/11 probe, Chidambaram said "Pakistan was deliberately holding it up".

To a question asking if he thought Pakistan was stifling the case deliberately, Chidambaram replied: "Regrettably, but Yes."

Listing out evidence given by India to the Pakistan to felicitate the 26/11 probe, Chidambaram talked about the Mumbai terror attacks' mastermind Hafiz Saeed.

"Hafiz met 26/11 terrorists during Dec. 2007, and Jan.2008 in PoK training camps and named them. Hafiz selected the trainees and finally it was Hafiz who game Kasab a new name "Abu Mujahid" at the camp," said Chidambaram and added "Hafiz was being accompanied by a "Major General Saab" at the terrorists training camp."

Chidambaram said in the interview that one of the training camps was conducted at a mountain range, near Peshawar where Hafiz accompanied this Major General Saab.

"To any investigator or prosecutor the evidence that we provided about what Hafiz said, what he did, what his role was, where he was ....if that is not the evidence, then what is?" Chidambaram remarked and questioned the Pakistan authorities' integrity saying: "What's the prosecution in Pakistan doing.?".

"Pakistan doesn't scares us, it worries us," said Chidambaram. (ANI)

Please Wait while comments are loading...