Dubai, Sep.3 (ANI): Notwithstanding Interpol's Red Corner notice issued against the Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) chief Hafiz Saeed, the alleged 26/11 mastermind, Pakistan has once again refused to take action against him, saying the government is not 'obliged to immediately arrest him'.
Interior Advisor Rehman Malik said there are not have enough evidence to establish the LeT kingpin's involvement in the terror attacks.
In an interview to a Saudi Arab daily, Malik said that dossiers provided by India were not sufficient to prove Saeed's involvement in the 26/11 carnage.
"Pakistan needs to examine the evidence provided by India on the basis of which Interpol issued a Red Corner notice against Hafiz Saeed. Certain procedures are required to pursue the notice," Malik said.
"We are free to make our own investigations against the man, and then take steps accordingly," he added.
Malik said Pakistani intelligence agencies were studying the Indian dossiers, but they were not sufficient to 'link Saeed to the Mumbai attack and to punish those who are guilty.'
He reiterated that India could have prevented the November 26, 2008 attacks by sharing prior information with Islamabad after the arrest of two terrorists - Fahim Ansari and Sabah Uddin earlier that year.
"We appeal to India to share information with us, and also to keep faith in our legal system and judiciary," The Dawn quoted Malik, as saying. (ANI)