K'taka says pressure is good, makes exams tougher

Subscribe to Oneindia News

K'taka makes exams tougher
Bangalore, Sep 2: While the HRD minister, Kapil Sibal is trying to relieve the Class 10 students of the board exams' stress, Karnataka has chosen to take the opposite path. Karnataka government has decided to introduce a tougher exam pattern for the Class 10 state board students, says a report.

According to a CNN-IBN report, Karnataka Secondary Education Examination Board (KSEEB) has decided to cut down the objective questions to just 25 per cent while the remaining 75 per cent of marks will be awarded for long answers.

The state government's contention that a little bit pressure would help the students perform better sees support even from the teachers who believe that the students need to be kept on their feet.

"Why can't we raise the bar? If we do, children can aim at it, if we reduce the bar, they only aim at that," Padmaja Menon, Sri Kumaran's Children's Home Headmistress was quoted as saying in the report.

This new step goes against the measures taken by the KSEEB in the past three years to increase the pass percentage by making the exams easier.  However, this did take its toll on the quality of education.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...