Now, Pak Government says India could have avoided 26/11

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Islamabad, Aug.28 (ANI): The Pakistan Government has in a shocking statement said that India could have prevented the Mumbai attacks of November 26,2008,if it had given Pakistan whatever prior intelligence information.

The Pakistan Prime Minister's adviser on Interior Affairs, Rehman Malik said Pakistan could have acted against Hafiz Saeed only if India had given more tangible evidence which could stand the test in Pakistan's courts.

He said that Pakistan needs to examine the evidence provided by India on the basis of which Interpol issued a Red Corner Notice against Saeed.

"We will examine it (the Red Corner Notice). Certain procedures were required to pursue the notice," Malik said while responding to a question on the Red Corner Notice issued for Saeed by Interpol at a news conference he addressed in London yesterday.

He said Pakistan will never allow anyone to use its territory "against India or anyone else".

Interpol circulated the Red Corner Notice for Saeed on Tuesday after a special court in Mumbai issued a non-bailable arrest warrant for the JuD chief for his alleged involvement in planning and executing the Mumbai terror attacks.

India recently handed over to Pakistan the latest dossier on the Mumbai incident that provides extensive information on Saeed's contacts with the 10 terrorists who carried out the attacks and his role in training and motivating them.

Five Lashker-e-Taiba operatives including operations commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi and communications specialist Zarar Shah arrested by Pakistani authorities in connection with the Mumbai incident are currently facing trial in an anti-terrorism court in Rawalpindi. Saeed, who is also the founder of the LeT, was placed under house arrest in December last year after the UN Security Council declared the JuD a terror group but was freed on the orders of the Lahore High Court in June. (ANI)

Please Wait while comments are loading...