Islamabad, Aug 27: Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi has said that India should not 'misinterpret' Islamabad's intentions regarding the Mumbai terror attack probe.
In an interview with a private television channel, Qureshi said Pakistan is analyzing the dossier handed over to it by New Delhi and would comment on it only after examining it thoroughly.
"I think we should not be impatient. Pakistan will issue a statement at an appropriate time," The Daily Times quoted Qureshi, as saying.
He urged the Indian leadership to stay calm and composed over the issue, as Pakistan knows and is sincere about its responsibilities.
"Pakistan is in a cooperative mood. We want to help, we understand the challenges facing the region," Qureshi said.
On Wednesday, Aug 26, India reiterated that Pakistan's response regarding the 26/11 probe was unsatisfactory.
Talking to reporters in New Delhi on the sidelines of a function Home Minister P Chidambaram said enough evidence has been given to Pakistan to prosecute terrorists responsible for Mumbai terror attacks in November last year.
Even, External Affairs Minister SM Krishna also criticised Pakistan's go-slow policy on 26/11 perpetrators and asked Islamabad to immediately act against Lashkar-e- Toiba founder Hafiz Saeed.