26/11 trial: Judge expresses surprise over Home minister's statement

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Mumbai, Aug 26 (ANI): Judge M.L Tahiliyani who is presiding over the 26/11 trial expressed surprise on Wednesday over Maharashtra Home Minister Jayant Patil's statement that the verdict will be delivered on September 15.

"Your Home Minister makes a statement that the case will be over by September 15 but his officer has still not submitted documents in the court," Judge Tahiliyani told to Special Public Prosecutor Ujwal Nikkam.

Nikkam, however, informed the court that he had personally spoke to Patil on the matter and Patil had clarified that the media had misquoted him.

He had remarked about recording of evidence are expected to be over by September 15 and not about the delivery of judgement, Nikkam said quoting Patil.

A section of media quoted Patil as saying that the judgement of 26/11 Mumbai attack case will be delivered on September 15.

Judge Tahiliyani is conducting the trial of lone surviving gunman Mohammed Ajmal Kasab and two accused members of Lashkar-e-Taiba, Faheem Ansari and Shahbuddin Ahmed.

He expressed concern over the non-submission of the opinion of ballistic expert to the court by the investigating officer.

The prosecution has examined 157 witnesses so far pertaining to the firing incidents of Chatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) firing, and Cama Hospital, stealing of Skoda car and the killing of Amarsing Solanki, the navigator of M V Kuber.

The incidents of Taj Hotel, Oberoi Hotel, Nariman House and explosions in two taxis are yet to be proved. (ANI)

Please Wait while comments are loading...