Mumbai, Aug 25(ANI): Four people suffered burn in an LPG cylinder blast at Dadar in Mumbai on Tuesday and also damaged two houses nearby.
The incident took place when Suman Marathe, an aged woman, who returned home having spent two days at her daughter's residence in the neighbouring locality of Prabhadevi area. As she tried to light the gas stove the LPG cylinder blasted.
"She smelt gas leaking when she opened the flat at 8 am this morning. She opened the windows and when she tried to light the stove to cook something, the cylinder exploded. The walls of the neighbouring flats also broke. It is a big gas explosion," said Madhukar Sankhe, Assistant Commissioner of Police of Mumbai Police.
Marathe, the lady, was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital, and her condition was reported to be stable. She has suffered 48 percent burn injuries.
"I came to drop my mother-in-law this morning. I asked her whether I should open the doors for her. But, she declined and I left from there in my vehicle. After a while I received a call about the blast which made me immediately rush back there. We took her to the hospital," said Vishwas Kannade, son-in-law of Marathe.
The police said that apart from Marathe, the watchman of the building was also injured.
Investigations were on to ascertain if there was any foul play leading to this mishap. (ANI)