Panvel, Aug 20 (ANI): At least 10 children sustained serious burn injuries when a school bus caught fire in Panvel in Raigad district of Maharashtra on Thursday.
Three children are said to be in critical condition.
According to sources the private mini-bus was on its way to CKT High School in Navi Mumbai, situated about 30 kilometres from Panvel, caught fire at around 7 a. m.
The injured are being treated at the National Burn Centre and the Marine Hospitals in Mumbai.
Police suspect that a short-circuit might have caused the fire.
Te school authorities said the bus was hired by the parents of the children. (ANI)