iPod which had explosive sales literally exploding

Posted By: Staff
Subscribe to Oneindia News

San Francisco, Aug 14: A French teenager suffered an eye injury when his girl friend's Apple iPhone shattered. It is the first incident with device but similar incidents have occurred with the iPod according to a US television station.

Marie-Dominique Kolega, whose 18-year-old son was struck in the eye by a piece of glass when the screen shattered on his girlfriend's iPhone has threatened to file a complaint against Apple following the incident.

This report is the first such incident involving an iPhone. But US television news station KIRO reported in late Jul that an 'alarming number' of iPods "have suddenly burst into flames and smoke, injuring people and damaging property."

The station said, "Apple lawyers tried to stop it from getting hold of hundreds of pages of iPod-related documents from the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) in California, where Apple has its headquarters."

It said the 800 pages of documents included information on "15 burn and fire-related incidents blamed by iPod owners on their iPods."

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...