Hyderabad, Aug. 9 (ANI): World Badminton Federation (WBF) on Sunday said that it would not be reviewing security arrangements despite England pulling out of the world championships to be held from Monday in Hyderabad.
"We are not reviewing our security measures. We are following that plan that was set up months ago and implementing that plan because that's the plan that will make the tournament secure. And there's absolutely no change in the security measures from yesterday to today," said Thomas Lund, Chief Operating Officer of BWF.
England pulled out of the world championships on Sunday amid concerns about the team's security.
Badminton England said in a statement that the decision followed "concerns about the English team potentially being a target of attack in the event of a terrorist act."
The team had already arrived in India for the championships, but would be returning home immediately.
Meanwhile, Hyderabad police commissioner allayed reports of any inputs of terror threat.
"There is no security problem, as per our information there is no specific threat. But, keeping the overall situation in mind we have made all the security arrangements," said Prabhakar Reddy, Police Commissioner of Hyderabad.
While, participants also expressed content at the level of security arrangements they are being provided with.
"We are all confident that the local authorities and they will take care of the security here. And make sure all things go accordingly," said Peter Gad, a Danish player.
The decision comes a day after Union Home Minister P Chidambaram had assurance that that the championships would take place in complete security, and there was no need to have any apprehensions. (ANI)