Headingley, Aug 8(ANI): The amusing truth behind why the England cricketers were evacuated from their Radisson hotel in Leeds at 4.30 am was a woman who set off fire alarms while trying to dry her undies.
According to reports, the woman had rinsed her stockings and knickers in a sink and left them near a light to dry, but they started smouldering.
"It appears a lady had done some washing and had fallen asleep leaving her undies too near a light. They caught fire and when she tried to put them out it caused so much smoke the alarms went off," The Sun quoted a source, as saying.
The England team, including captain Andrew Strauss and Andrew Flintoff, were among hundreds of guests who shivered in the street in their pyjamas at 4.30 am as they waited for the firefighters to deal with the incident.
"Even if she's not a cricket fan I'm sure by now the lady realises what she's done - spoiling our lads' sleep before the Fourth Test," the source added. (ANI)