Islamabad, Aug 6: Pakistan on Thursday, Aug 6 said the information provided so far by India on the Mumbai terror attacks was not enough to take action against to Jamaat-ud Dawa chief Hafiz Saeed.
"It needs to be underlined that the dossiers and information received from India apropos Saeed are not really enough ... to proceed legally as is being expected," Foreign Office spokesman Abdul Basit told a weekly news.
When asked to comment about the statements made by Indian parliament about the lack of action by Pakistani authorities against Saeed, he said, "Pakistan was proceeding in the case of Saeed according to our own laws."
He also said that Pakistan was also moving forward with the trial of five LeT terrorists arrested in connection with the Mumbai terror attacks.
Earlier, Home Minister P Chidambaram said that India had provided 'enough evidence' against the JuD chief in the dossiers that India gave to Islamabad.