Islamabad, Aug.1 (ANI): The National Assembly Standing Committee on Sports has asked President Asif Ali Zardari to sack all the officials responsible for the security lapse during the terror attack on the Sri Lankan cricketers in Lahore earlier this year.
Expressing discontent over the sluggish pace of the probe regarding the March 3 ambush, the committee sought the intervention of Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani and Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif into the issue, and the initiation of necessary disciplinary action against all those who are found guilty.
Punjab Inspector General of Police, Tariq Salim Dogar told the committee that the probe was heading in the right direction and the culprits would be nabbed in a fortnight.
"We are confident of rounding up this gang in 10-15 days. We have identified the network and we are on their heels," The Nation quoted Dogar, as saying.
Federal Sports Minister, Pir Aftab Shah Jilani said the incident has had a devastating effect on country's image, and that no foreign teams could be invited to Pakistan unless authorities ensure fool-proof security to visiting teams. (ANI)