Manmohan Singh says Pakistan has not given any dossier to India on Balochistan

Subscribe to Oneindia News

New Delhi, July 29 (ANI): Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh on Friday dispelled reports that Pakistan has given any dossier to India on Balochistan.

The statement came during the debate in the Lok Sabha over the Indo-Pak joint statement issued in Sharm-el-Sheikh, Egypt, earlier this month after his meeting with Pakistan Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani.

Coming down heavily on the Prime Minister over the inclusion of Balochistan in the joint statement, a senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha asked him whether reports of Pakistan handing over a dossier detailing India's alleged role in Balochistan been handed in Egypt.

The Prime Minister said, "No dossier on Balochistan has been handed over to me."

Trying to corner the government over the alleged "sell off" to Pakistan in Egypt, Sinha alleged that India has done a blunder by agreeing to de-link action against terror by Pakistan to the resumption of the composite dialogue.

Sinha said that the Prime Minister walked into the Pakistani camp in Egypt.

India has already denied Pakistani media reports claiming that a dossier, blaming India for being involved in supporting revolutionaries in Balochistan, the terror attack on Sri Lanka cricket team, and the Manwan Police Academy, was given to it in Sharm-el-Shiekh, Egypt.

Pakistan media had described that the Baloch dossier claim as true and added that it had been presented to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh with details of India's alleged role in fomenting trouble in Balochistan and other areas. ccording to the Pakistani media, Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani himself mentioned the dossier's presence.

The Prime Minister's Office (PMO) rubbished allegations, calling them "baseless". (ANI)

Please Wait while comments are loading...