New Delhi, July 27 (ANI): Biju Janata Dal (BJD) MP Bhrthruhari Mehtab alleged in the Lok Sabha on Monday, that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had committed a grave blunder by allowing the mention of Balochistan and the delinking terrorism from the dialogue in the joint statement issued after talks with his Pakistani counterpart Yousuf Raza Gilani in Egypt earlier this month.
Raising the issue during Zero Hour Mehtab said Singh should have shown prudence while having the statement drafted.
Mahtab, representing Cuttack said the statement was a dramatic reversal of India's position on terrorism and Balochistan.
Contending that the joint statement was at odds with India's stand on terrorism and Balochistan, he said, the government retracted from its stated position taken after 26/11.
He expressed concern that it might open up a Pandora's Box.
Describing New Delhi's stand as amateurish, Mehtab said, Indian diplomacy had been found wanting at the talks.
Arguing that the exchange of a dossier by Pakistan does not constitute credible action, he asked the government, Whether Islamabad had provided credible action on dismantling terror infrastructure on its soil. (ANI)