India denies receiving any dossier on Balochistan from Pakistan

Subscribe to Oneindia News

New Delhi, July 23 (ANI): India on Thursday denied Pakistani media reports claiming that a dossier, blaming India for being involved in supporting revolutionaries in Balochistan, the terror attack on Sri Lanka cricket team, and the Manwan Police Academy, was given to it in Sharm-el-Shiekh, Egypt.

Reacting to the media reports, Minister of State for External Affairs Shashi Tharoor said: "I have not yet seen any dossier. If such dossier exists, we will examine it and comment."

"Pakistan wants to escape its responsibility. We don't want a destabilised Pakistan. We want a prosperous and stable Pakistan. This has never been Indian policy to destabilise neighbours," said Tharoor adding " We cannot believe Pak media reports on a dossier."

Pakistan media on Wednesday described that the Baloch dossier claim as true and added that it had been presented to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh with details of India's alleged role in fomenting trouble in Balochistan and other areas.

According to the Pakistani media, Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani himself mentioned the dossier's presence.

Dawn, quoting official sources, suggests that Singh agreed to the mention of Balochistan in the joint statement after Gilani confronted him in Sharm-el-Sheikh with a dossier detailing India's covert subversion in restive Balochistan.

The Dawn claimed the dossier also had details about India fomenting trouble in other areas of Pakistan. It said India was responsible for the terror attacks on the Sri Lankan cricket team and the Manawan Police Academy, and that it maintains a 'terror training camp' in Kandahar from where trained Baloch insurgents are sent into Pakistan.

The news further said the dossier has been handed over to the US and Afghanistan.

The Prime Minister's Office (PMO) rubbished allegations, calling them "baseless".

Indian government sources also termed these allegations baseless and denied that any such dossier had been shown to the Prime Minister at Sharm-el-Sheikh.

Government sources told a TV channel that India was not responsible for the trouble in Balochistan, despite the topic being raised time and again in anti-terror mechanism meets over the last three years.

The sources said that whenever Pakistan had cited names and places relating to an Indian hand, India had chased down these clues, but found them to be baseless.

Singh had said on record after the Sharm-el-Sheikh meeting that India was 'an open book' and willing to discuss all issues.

Regarding the accusation that the Indian consulate in Afghanistan was being used chiefly against Pakistan, sources clarified that the consulates were for Afghan citizens and had nothing to do with Pakistan.

Islamabad has been lobbying hard with the US to have the Indian consulates in Afghanistan shut down. (ANI)

Please Wait while comments are loading...