Since viewing the eclipse through naked eyes can cause serious damage to the retina, here are some dos and don'ts:
- View the eclipse only through specially made glasses specifically for eclipses or 14 welder's glass.
- When you are buying the eclipse filter, make sure it is from reputable and reliable supplier.
- Make sure you wear a full sleeved T Shirt or attire and use sun screen
- The safest way to view it is by making a pinhole camera and projecting the image on to a wall
- Try to observe the eclipse through home made filters. The popular ones are: pop-tart wrappers, CD's, exposed film, smoked glass, Mylar balloons, or old x-ray photos.
- Wear sunglasses to see the eclipse. They do not provide enough protection for the eyes.
- Wear eclipse glasses and then look through binoculars or a telescope.