New Delhi, Jul 21: India is all set to experience the historic Solar eclipse on Jul 22. Amid all the excitement of viewing the rare cosmic event, the spectators across the nation must learn the safe way to be part of the exciting event.
Since viewing the eclipse through naked eyes can cause serious damage to the retina, here are some dos and don'ts:
- View the eclipse only through specially made glasses specifically for eclipses or 14 welder's glass.
- When you are buying the eclipse filter, make sure it is from reputable and reliable supplier.
- Make sure you wear a full sleeved T Shirt or attire and use sun screen
- The safest way to view it is by making a pinhole camera and projecting the image on to a wall
- Try to observe the eclipse through home made filters. The popular ones are: pop-tart wrappers, CD's, exposed film, smoked glass, Mylar balloons, or old x-ray photos.
- Wear sunglasses to see the eclipse. They do not provide enough protection for the eyes.
- Wear eclipse glasses and then look through binoculars or a telescope.