London, July 19 (ANI): Pakistani students, who were arrested earlier this year on national security grounds in simultaneous raids conducted across Britain, have now decided to launch a legal battle against the British authorities, as they (authorities) have failed to table any substantial evidence against them.
One of the two students, Janas Khan, who was released from prison on Saturday after terrorism charges against them were dropped, said he is 'angry and shocked' by the British Government's treatment, and that he would take the concerned authorities to the court of law for arresting him without having enough proof.
"Growing up we heard that the UK was the one place that respected human rights and justice, which is why I wanted to study here. I'm shocked and angry. I am innocent and I still can't believe I was arrested on no evidence," The Telegraph quoted Khan, as saying.They never told us what it was that we were supposed to have done," Khan added.
Twelve students were arrested in raids across Britain in April. Ten out of the 12 taken into custody were Pakistanis, who had come to Britain on student visas.
After three weeks of intense interrogation all charges against the students were dropped in May due to lack of evidence.
However, they have been kept locked in high-security prisons under immigration laws, and handed over to the UK Borders Agency for deportation.
Meanwhile, two students Abdul Wahab Khan and Shoaib Khan, Amjad Malik have applied for further bail before the Special Immigration Appeals Commission.
Their bail plea would be heard on July 27.
The legal battle would add further embarrassment to the British authorities following the bungled terror case. (ANI)