New Delhi, July 18 (ANI): The Indian Government on Saturday said that it is looking very attentively at the follow-up action undertaken by Pakistan vis-'-vis the 26/11 probe.
Minister of State for External Affairs, Shashi Tharoor, told a private television channel that : "We are keenly watching the Pakistani action on 26/11. We have received and are studying the documents- the Pakistani dossier."
"We are looking very attentively at Pakistan's actions," Tharoor said.
Tharoor's comment's came after Pakistan filed a chargesheet against five 26/11 prime accused suspects earlier in the day. The hearing into the case would begin on July 25 in the special anti-terror court that has been set-up in the Adiala jail for the purpose.
The chargesheet includes the names of Lashkar's operation chief Zakir-ur-Rehman Lakhvi and Jamaat-ud-Dawaa (JuD) chief Hafiz Mohammad Saeed.
Sources said that the names of all of the accused figure in the chargesheet.
It is the first time that Islamabad has admitted the use of its soil and given documentary proof of Pakistani terrorists being involved in the 26/11 carnage.
The dossier reportedly indicates that the Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) carried out the Mumbai attacks. It names Lakhvi as the "mastermind" of the attack, and also admits the Pakistan nationality of Ajmal Amir Kasab, the lone surviving terrorist of the Mumbai terror attacks.
The aforementioned admittance on part of Pakistan is believed to be the prime factor behind New Delhi handing over key compensations to Islamabad at Sharm-el-Sheikh.
Meanwhile, Pakistan has rejected the allegations that it is deliberately trying to delay the probe.
Talking to a private television channel, Foreign Office spokesperson Abdul Basit said that there was no delay in Mumbai investigations on Islamabad's part.
"There was no delay in probe from our side. Don't doubt our commitment on 26/11 probe," Basit said. (ANI)