Peshawar, July 14 (ANI): NWFP Chief Minister Ameer Haider Hoti has said that the Taliban will not be allowed to disrupt peace in the scenic Swat valley again.
The Chief Minister said the war against those involved in "destruction and blood shed" would continue until the last of the terrorists had been eliminated.
He said that administrative changes in Malakand division had been introduced for the implementation of sharia and the security of the population.
Addressing a gathering at Government College Palosa (Charsadda), Hoti said the Nizam-e-Adl Regulation was approved "purely on the demand and aspirations of the people of Malakand ... not under any sort of pressure."
"We wanted to resolve the problems of Swat through dialogue right from day one ... we tried it till the last moment, but unfortunately, the Taliban chose the path of destruction instead of negotiations," the Daily Times quoted Hoti, as saying.
He assured those who went home to Swat on Monday that their return "doesn't mean that government support and assistance will stop ... the government will help you start life anew."
Hoti praised the role of the president, the prime minister, the federal government, international agencies, NGOs, provincial governments, political parties and particularly the people of Swabi, Mardan, Charsadda, Nowshera and Peshawar for facilitating relief activities.
"The provincial government was only able to fulfil its responsibility because of their spirit. Their role is an exact example of Pukhtunwali," said Hoti.
"The terrorists are the enemy of Islam, humanity, Pukhtuns, peace and stability and our future. We will fight them along the army and triumph."
Hoti said that Swat was "an injured part of our body, and no stone will be left unturned to put it right".
He assured the armed forces that they had the backing of the political leadership, the federal and provincial governments, the civil society and the public. (ANI)