Islamabad, Jul 12: Pakistan on Saturday, Jul 11 finally admitted that Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi , a former adjutant of Lashkar-e-Toiba plotted Mumbai terror attack in November 2008.
Pakistan said that the trial of five accused in the Mumbai attacks will get underway in the next few days and that it has identified 12 more suspects.
Speaking to news conference, Interior Minister Rehman Malik said, "The first step was the investigation, which we have completed successfully. The second step is trial, which is going to start in the next few days."
He also said at least 13 people including Ajmal Amir Kasab the lone terrorist captured in India for the Mumbai attacks, had been declared 'proclaimed offenders' by Pakistani authorities.
He has handed over a collection of papers containing detailed information on Pakistan's probe and 15 questions seeking more information on the attacks to the Indian side.