Indian prosecutors demanded Islamabad to extradite all the suspects, though Pakistan previously said it would not transfer any Mumbai suspects and instead would try them in its own courts if there is enough evidence.
Abdul Basit, Pakistan foreign ministry spokesman on Wednesday, Jun 25 said, "Pakistan and India have no extradition treaty and no request has been received to hand over the suspects."
Among those sought for arrest are Hafiz Mohammed Saeed, Zaki-ur-Rahman Lakhvi and Zarar Shah. "I understand these people were not present there in the crime scene in any case," Basit told the news agencies.
He also said that if there was evidence that Pakistanis were involved in the attacks they would be tried in Pakistan courts and the Indian government should hand over any evidence it has in that regard.
"We are cooperating from day one, and we arrested a few individuals and they are still behind bars in detention and we wish that India had provided us all the relevant material in one go rather than in installments," Basit added.