New Delhi, June 16 (ANI): NSG director general N P S Aulakh on Tuesday said the four NSG hubs announced in the aftermath of the Mumbai terror strikes last year will be operational by June 30.
The decision was taken after the NSG commander had a meeting with Union Home Minister P Chidamabarm, following demands from various state governments for tackling major terror-related activities.
"We have got land at all the four places- Mumbai, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Chennai. The four hubs for both anti-terror and anti-hijack operations will be operational by June 30," Aulakh said.
In the aftermath of the Mumbai terror attacks in November last year, the government had decided to set up NSG hubs in the four cities followed by more in the state capitals.
The NSG, which gets its men on deputation from the Army and paramilitary forces, is now facing an enormous assignment of setting up the hubs as the 8,000-strong force is drawing men from its existing ranks. (ANI)