Mumbai, Jun 14: Padamsinh Patil, suspended NCP leader, accused in the Pavan Raje Nimbalkar murder case was remanded to CBI custody till Jun 20. Panvel court extended the remand on Sunday, Jun 14 after the investigation agency said that they want to conduct further investigations in the case. CBI said to court that they are yet to conduct searches in his residence and that they have to probe the involvement of more politicians in the case.
CBI also said that more narco tests are to be conducted on patil, since he was not co-operating with the investigation. Meanwhile Patil filed an application stating that the CBI was pressurising him on to give a confessional statement and undergo scientific tests like narco analysis and brain mapping.
Meanwhile, two other arrested accused in the case- Satish Mandade and Mohan Shukla have been remanded to judicial custody till June 26. Rishiraj Singh, CBI Joint Director said, "Investigations in the case is in full progress. We are completing formalities to take the custody of another shooter Pintu Singh, who was arrested by the Uttar Pradesh police earlier this week and soon we will be bring him to Mumbai and produce him before the court." Pintu was reportedly one of the shooters who opened fire on Nimbalkar on Jun 3, 2006 at Kalamboli in Navi Mumbai.