Dhanbad, Jun 13: In a shocking incident, students of a primary school in Jharkhand's Dhanbad district on Tuesday, Jun 9 found a dead snake in the mid-day meal served to them. About 55 children have reportedly fallen ill after this incident and are being treated at Patliputra Medical College.
This took place in Government primary school in Govindpur area of Dhanbad and the food was prepared at the Integrated Child Development Scheme (ICDS) centre in Kabirajpara near Rampurhat.
"The children panicked when they found a snake in their meal and saw a man throwing out the dead snake. When I reached home I heard about a child having fallen ill and reportedly vomiting. Then one by one many children were brought to the hospital as they suffered from nausea," said Mohammad, guardian of a student.
According to the doctors of Patliputra Medical College, children are suffering from dehydration, vomiting and abdominal pain. The health officials also said that there was no symptoms of food poisoning.
The children are still not stable, and only when they are out of dehydration then a clear picture will come out of their health, informed a doctor. And District Education Superintendent Ratan Mahaveer has assured the parents that a probe will be conducted into the matter.