New Delhi, Jun 4: President Pratibha Patil addressed the joint session of the Parliament on Thursday, Jun 4 unveiling the UPA government's agenda.
Those reforms and programmes that have been revealed to be on the top of list are:
- Track and bring back black money stashed abroad
- Women's reservation bill in 100 days
- National identity cards for all Indians
- Focus in internal security, and tackling naxal problems
- Social security for all, welfare scheme for farmers
- Act to guarantee 25 kg grains to BPL families
- Expand rural employeement with NREGs
- Strengthening rural health mission
- Better defence readiness, enforcing police reforms
- Striving for communal harmony
- Creating employment one of the top priorities
- To make Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan programme accessible to all
- Strengthening Urban renewal missions
- Will make efforts to bring relief to the Sri Lankan Tamils
- To focus on management of the economy that will counter the effect of the global slowdown
- India will re-shape its relation with Pakistan provided that Pakistan cooperates
- Prudent fiscal management.
- Modernisation of Infrastructure
- Energy security and environment protection.
- Promotion of a culture of enterprise and innovation.