New Delhi, June 2(ANI): The Ministry of External Affairs on Tuesday said that they were extremely disappointed over the release of Hafeez Sayeed, the mastermind behind the Mumbai terror attacks.
"We are disappointed at the release of Hafeez Sayeed. He is the head of the Jamat-ud-Dawa and the Lashkar-e-Taiba, organizations listed by the United Nations under UNSC Resolution 1267, as being affiliates of Al-Qaeda and the Taliban. Hafeez Sayeed is specifically listed as linked to these terrorist groups," a statement released by Ministry of External Affairs said.
The Lahore High Court released Saeed on Tuesday due to a lack of evidence. He was under house arrest since December 11, 2008.
The Indian Government expressed regret that despite the background he has been released.
"His professed ideology and public statements leave no doubt as to his terrorist inclinations. His release raises serious doubts over Pakistan's sincerity in acting with determination against terrorist groups and individuals operating from its territory," the statement mentioned.
The Pakistan Government's reservations about producing evidence against the Mumbai terror attacks' mastermind raises doubts about the seriousness of Pakistan's investigations.
It is a big disappointment for the Indian Government as they have produced enough evidence to prove that the conspiracy had been planned, launched and executed by Pakistani nationals.
Hundreds of innocent Indian and foreign nationals had lost their lives in the terrorist attack on Mumbai between November 26 and 29, 2008. (ANI)