Patna, Jun 1: In the wake of the racist attacks on Indians in Australia, an Australian tourist has been found dead in India. Osborne Michael David who was found dead in a guest house on the outskirts of Patna on Sunday, May 31 is believed to have died of sleeping pills overdose.
The 52-year-old Melbourne resident's body has been now sent for postmortem examination. The Bihar police who suspect no foul play have informed that the tourist arrived in India on a tourist visa and has been staying in the guesthouse since May 29.
"The body did not have any injury marks,'' said ADG (HQ) Neelmani. The cause of death can only be confirmed after the medical examinations and forensic tests, the police said.
The Australian High Commission in New Delhi have been informed of the incident.