RIL finds two more gas reserves in KG Basin

Written by: Super Admin
Subscribe to Oneindia News

New Delhi, May 28: Reliance Industries (RIL) has reportedly found two more gas reserves in Krishna-Godavari basin and the estimates put the natural gas reserves at 20 trillion cubic feet (tcf). The D3 and D9 blocks was found near the D6 block that the company has struck earlier.

D3 and D9 may hold hold 9.5 tcf and 10.8 tcf of gas reserves, respectively, UK-based Hardy Oil and Gas Plc said in a statement quoting estimates by independent consultant Gaffney, Cline and Associates (GCA). Hardy holds 10 per cent stake each in the two blocks where Reliance is the operator and holds the remaining 90 per cent interest.

"The two discoveries on D-3, in conjunction with the acquisition of risk mitigating technologies and geotechnical studies have resulted in the upward revision of the perceived Geological Chance of Success on both of our Krishna-Godavari basin blocks," Chief Executive Sastry Karra said in a statement.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...