London, May 13 (ANI): All the 10 Pakistani students who were arrested last month from different parts of London on suspicion of plotting bomb attack across Britain were actually part of Al-Qaeda's network, a British official has claimed.
Robin Tam QC for the Home Secretary told the Special Immigration Appeals Commission (SIAC) in London that all the so-called students, who were arrested, had links with Al-Qaeda.
"All the applicants were members of a UK based network linked to al-Qaeda involved in attack planning," Tam said.
He urged the commission to allow the officials to deport the suspects, as they pose a risk to the national security.
"Each therefore poses a risk to national security and deportation would be considered in the national good," The Telegraph quoted Tam, as saying.
He also objected the idea of granting them bail, saying they could once again start their nefarious activities.
"There is a high risk that they would re-engage in their former activity to the detriment of national security," he said.
Meanwhile, a court has rejected the bail applications of four Pakistani students currently detained at Manchester prison for deportation on national security grounds.
The Lawyer of the students, Sibghat Ullah Qadri argued that chief constable of Greater Manchester police Peter Fahy himself had said in a press statement that the students are innocent until proven guilty and free to walk away.
However, the court rejected his claims. (ANI)