Islamabad, May 4 (ANI): Tehreek-e-Nifaz-e-Shariat-e-Muhammadi (TNSM) has ruled out any involvement of India and Afghanistan in the Swat imbroglio, adding that if the Pakistan Army operation continued in the region, the situation would return to the one that prevailed before the peace pact.
TNSM spokesman Ameer Izzat Khan claimed the two countries had nothing to do with the unrest in the region. He said it was only a reaction to the Pakistan Government policies.
Izzat Khan said neither they had amassed arms nor were they getting financial help from abroad, and added that the people of Swat had been demanding the enforcement of the Islamic law in the area since 1989.
"If the prevailing situation persists, the government will lose control over the area and reaction to the government actions will also be witnessed in other cities of the country. In that situation, even the TNSM will be unable to control the situation," Izzat Khan said.
Meanwhile, Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) has said that the Swat peace pact stands dissolved and the militants present in Swat, Matta, Kabal and Sangla as well as their commanders have asked for permission to fight everywhere.
"Our peace agreement with the NWFP Government practically stands dissolved," confirmed Muslim Khan, TTP spokesman. Forces are attacking us and our fighters are also retaliating, The News quoted him, as saying.
The TTP Swat spokesman vowed that their fighters would now attack security forces and the government figures everywhere. He said the rulers were obeying every directive of US President Barack Obama. (ANI)