Chandigarh, Apr 10 (ANI): Four people were killed when a major fire broke out in a photo studio in Chandigarh.
The flames were put down by over a dozen fire brigades vehicles. Five people were trapped in the first and second floor of the building.
Eyewitnesses said that four died due to asphyxiation.
Two fire officials were also injured due to suffocation but were out of danger, officials said.
Officials however claimed that the toll was three and two were undergoing treatment.
"We have combed the area and again we'll comb it. But there were five persons. Out of them three have been declared dead when they reached the hospital and two are under treatment. Let us hope that they survive. It must be short circuit buts lets have a through enquiry on it," said K Rao, District Commissioner (DC), Chandigarh.
Short circuit has been ascertained one of the causes behind the mishap however an investigation has been ordered into the incident.
Eyewitnesses claimed that goods worth millions of rupees were destroyed in the fire, which started at about 8:00 p.m. (ANI)