HP PolyServe's unique 'shared data' architecture delivers enterprise class availability and virtualization-like flexibility in a utility platform for customers.
The HP PolyServe Software helps enterprises not only reduce the cost of the SQL server but also improve agility.
The new product offers mission critical high availability, instance mobility, and management automation required for mission-critical databases. It will give a scale out capability to the customers SQL infrastructure just by adding more processing power.
"HP PolyServe Software for Microsoft SQL servers offers customers a highly available, flexible, simple approach to SQL Server consolidation", said Prakash Krishnamoorthy, Country Manager, HP StorageWorks Division, Technology Solutions Group, HP India.
Pallavi Kathuria, Director, Server Business Group, Microsoft India said, "With the introduction, of the HP PolyServe Software, we can now deploy MS SQL Server that can flex capacity to need, reduce capital costs, improve availability and dramatically simplify management. The solution goes beyond just consolidation to provide scalable capacity allocation, on-the-fly instance mobility making it the ideal solution for database consolidation".
Key features of HP PolyServe Software for Microsoft SQL Server include:
- Adaptive, Scalable Microsoft SQL Server Platform
- Dynamic Re-HostingT to quickly deploy, stack, or reallocate Microsoft SQL Server instances to any server
- Scale out SQL infrastructure just by adding more servers to the farm
- Distribute SQL instances across the SQL servers based on the user loads without any disruptions to existing operations
- Mix storage, servers and SQL versions in a cluster. Buy only what is needed and don't buy for peak usages
- Consolidated Data Management
- Single, shared pool of resources simplifies storage allocation, backup, and configuration tasks
- Stack more instances to lesser number of servers-Consolidate databases to fewer numbers of file systems and LUNS thereby reducing storage management
- Roll out new instances and thereby applications in minutes
- Manage servers, storage and SQL instances from one single console
- High Availability for Mission-Critical Applications -Reliable, easy to manage, high availability for all instances
- Mission critical availability for each of the SQL DB instances without the need for any clustering software
- 'One-Click' and 'Roll-Through' maintenance pushes updates or hot fixes to all servers
- Qualified and supported solution in Microsoft SQL Server Always On program
The HP and Microsoft alliance spans more than 20 years and provides strategic technologies and services to customers within the consumer, small and medium business, and enterprise markets worldwide.