London, Apr 2 (ANI): A man, who used a pair of nail scissors as toothpick after eating, has had to undergo surgery after he swallowed them.
Kong Lin, 27, was cleaning his teeth with the four-inch scissors, when laughing at a joke caused him to accidentally swallow them.
He tried to cough them up but the points, facing up, got stuck in his throat.
Surgeons took 30 minutes to remove the scissors and had to use local anaesthetic, as sedating him would have relaxed him and allowed the clippers to slip down his throat.
"Luckily Mr Lin does not have much of a wound left inside his throat," the Sun quoted surgeon Dr. Chen Wei in Putian, China, as saying. (ANI)