New Delhi, Mar.30 (ANI): The Indian Government on Monday expressed its sadness and shock over the terror strike on a police academy in Lahore.
"We are deeply saddened and shocked by the events in Lahore. We hope that the Pakistan authorities will be able to resolve the situation soon with minimum loss of life. Our sympathies and condolences go out to the families of those who have been killed. Terrorism is a menace to the entire region," said Foreign Secretary Shiv Shankar Menon.
Menon's remarks came after the Pakistan Government confirmed the news that at least 20 people had been killed in the gun and grenade attack by at least ten gunmen.
Islamabad confirmed that seven terrorists had been killed and three had been taken alive, but added that Pakistani Rangers and commandoes were still scouring the Police Training Complex on the road leading to the Wagah border to see if any terrorists were still lodged inside.
The Pakistan Government also confirmed that about 800 hostages had been freed.
Earlier in the day, Minister of State for External Affairs, Anand Sharma, said that Monday's attack made it imperative for the Pakistan Government to dismantle on terrorist infrastructure on their soil.(ANI)