Adulterated festival colours land 74 children in hospital in Maharashtra

Written by: Super Admin
Subscribe to Oneindia News

Thane, Mar 12 (ANI): Over 74 children in Thane in Maharashtra were admitted to hospital with chemical-related "poisoning", allegedly after using powdered colour to play 'Holi'.

Reports said that the children were admitted to the hospital with symptoms of vomiting, chest pain and respiratory problems.

The affected were then rushed to the Central Hospital in Ulhasnagar town of hane.

"Near about 74 people came here with a history of vomiting, chest pain and respiratory problems. Out of 74 boys, 20 boys are so severe that they are in a bad state. We are successful to recover these patients," said S N Waghmare, Chief Medical Officer, Central Hospital.

Children who were admitted to the hospital said that after coming in contact with colours, they felt giddiness. The children also complained of irritation and itching.

"They (revelers) applied that colour on my face, my skin felt some irritation and then it was a burning sensation. After that I started feeling dizziness," said Sumit Kaul, a victim.

Investigations are being carried out and local shops are being questioned for any clues. (ANI)

Please Wait while comments are loading...