Sydney, Mar 5: Several of the world's best cricketers are considering to withdraw from the second year of the Indian Premier League (IPL) Twenty20 tournament following Tuesday, Mar 3 lethal terrorist strike against Sri Lankan cricketers in Lahore.
As per the contract, players can only stay away in the event of the death of a close family member or choose not to participate in games outside of India where their safety may be at risk as a result of any 'war, epidemic or political unrest'.
However, the get-out clause does not extend to matches played within India.
Australian captain Ricky Ponting said the fact the Sri Lankan team had been explicitly targeted had been the main talking point all day among the touring side in South Africa.
Former Test fast bowler Glenn McGrath admitted playing in the IPL was weighing on his mind.
New Zealand all-rounder Jacob Oram said no amount of money would persuade him to put his life in danger.