Melbourne, Mar 2 (ANI): An exotic dancer, who was evicted from Brisbane's Sexpo for being too raunchy, is looking for compensation from organisers after she slipped and broke her nose during a pole-dancing routine.
New Zealander Lisa Lewis, who is a self-proclaimed "international star, exotic dancer and soft porn star", claims that the pole at the Brisbane Convention Centre was "faulty".
The incident took place on February 27, and Lewis said that she had initially told organisers to change it after her first show on February 26.
"I have video footage of a performance where their pole was dodgy and they insisted I use it on my second show (which) resulted in me breaking my nose," the Daily Telegraph quoted her as saying.
"I started pole dancing 10 years ago at aged 17 and have never injured myself like this," she said.
The pole dancer went on to say that she had been unfairly ejected from the event on February 28, as her routine had been "too risque".
"(But) I kept my G-string on and feel I was classy throughout," she said.
But Sexpo general manager Rob Godwin said that there was nothing wrong with the pole, and that the reason Lewis was evicted from the event was because officials deemed her routine too raunchy.
"There is nothing wrong with the pole. We have held the Australian pole-dancing championship heats on that pole for the past four days. There hasn't been a single problem with it," he said.
He added: "She was wearing a G-string but she was putting her hands in her underpants. That behaviour breaches our licensing laws. And she had already received a warning. She was asked to leave on her second warning." (ANI)