India asks Pakistan to speak in one voice over Mumbai attacks

Subscribe to Oneindia News

New Delhi, Feb 27 (ANI): Union Minister of State for External Affairs Anand Sharma on Friday rubbished Pakistan naval chief Admiral Noman Bashir's statement that he did not have any evidence that Kasab was among the raiding party that went by sea from Pakistan, and said authorities in Islamabad should speak in one voice.

"Pakistan has often spoken in different voices and created this confusion on the investigation in Mumbai attacks," Sharma said at a press conference.

The Minister also claimed that the identification of the perpetrators of the Mumbai carnage has been completed.

"It is very clear where it was plotted, where the masterminds are, where the perpetrators came from. There has been acknowledgement, even if partial by Pakistan it self. It's not only that India has identified and named, it is the other countries, which had access to information and particularly intercepts," he said.

Earlier, Pakistani Navy Chief Admiral Noman Bashir had said that the terrorists who attacked the city had not used the sea route to reach the city.

"We have no evidence whatsoever that Ajmal Kasab had gone to India from Pakistani territorial waters," Bashir said.

"The Indian navy is much larger than ours and if Ajmal Kasab had gone from here then what were their coastguards doing and why they did not stop the terrorists?' said the naval commander," he added.

Pakistan had earlier this month accepted that some part of the Mumbai conspiracy had been planned on its soil.

Pakistan has acknowledged that the raid had been launched and partly planned from Pakistan. It is conducting its own investigation and has detained several Islamist leaders, including some whom India has named as planners of the attack.

India mounted a diplomatic offensive after the attacks, saying Pakistan was not doing enough to bring the perpetrators to justice or dismantle what it said were militant camps there. (ANI)

Please Wait while comments are loading...