New Delhi, Feb 25 (ANI): Mumbai Police on Wednesday filed an approximately 5,000-page chargesheet on the 26/11 terror attacks.
The detailed chargesheet, presented to Metropolitan Magistrate M J Mirza, included reports and forensic examination conducted by the FBI, which had been working along with central security agencies.
Mohammad Ajmal Amir Iman Kasab, the lone terrorist caught alive during the attacks, was not produced in court.
Besides Kasab, nine Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorists and twenty most wanted accused were named in the chargesheet.
These twenty accused are believed to be hiding in Pakistan and include Yousuf Muzzamil and Zaki-ur Rehman Lakhvi, the mastermind of 26/11.
Kasab faces numerous charges under the Indian Penal Code, ranging from waging war against a foreign country to murder. He has also been charged under the Unlawful Activities Prevention Act.
The chargesheet also presents Kasab's conversation with his Pakistani handlers, his interrogation report and eyewitness accounts.
The names of the most wanted accused figure in Column Two of the chargesheet (those who could not be brought for trial), which will enable the police to seek a non-bailable warrant against them and subsequently an Interpol Red Corner Notice.
Meanwhile, Home Minister P Chidambaram said India would respond to Pakistan queries on the 26/11 dossier after the filing of the chargesheet in the Mumbai attack case.
"After the chargesheet is filed, we will reply," Chidambaram told reporters outside Parliament. (ANI)