Lahore, Feb.12 (ANI): Tainted Pakistan speedster Mohammad Asif has decided to challenge the ban imposed on him by the Indian Premier League (IPL) on the plea that he consumed nandrolone unintentionally.
Asif said he is taking the advice of his lawyers and would soon file a petition against the IPL verdict.
"I didn't take any banned substances intentionally, so, I am not pleased with this ban.We will appeal against the ban. I don't want to carry the stigma of having been found guilty of taking banned substances," The Nation quoted Asif, as saying.
Asif said the verdict was a shock to him as he has never used drugs to enhance his performances on the cricket field.
"It was something that shocked me because I don't do drugs or banned substances. I will try to clear my name," he said.
Asif was barred by the IPL for a year, after being tested positive for use of the drug nandrolone during the IPL's inaugural season last year.
The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), on Wednesday said that Asif would be considered for the national side, and be given a central contract as soon as his ban expires.(ANI)