Onboard special aircraft, Feb.10 (ANI): Reacting strongly to reported leaks by the Pakistan establishment on its reply to the Mumbai terror dossier, India has asked Pakistan to talk directly and not through other channels.
Indian Foreign Secretary Shivshankar Menon said: "The fact is we have seen Pakistan saying various things at various times and various forms to various audiences, The day they come let you know our response, we are not going to react to the statements to the media, different statements to the different people through speculation, through guesswork, If they have something to say to us, they should come and directly talk to us."
Pakistan is reportedly planting inspired leaks thorough the media. According to reports, Pakistan has completed its investigation into the Mumbai terror attacks and claims that the 26/11 conspiracy was hatched not in Pakistan, but in Europe.
Local media reports also claim that Pakistan is likely to request India for consular access to Ajmal Amir Kasab, the lone terrorist captured alive during the Mumbai terror attacks.
Menon was speaking to reporters while returning from Dhaka.
He also expressed indirect skepticism over the inclusion of Pakistan in the proposed South Asia joint task force which has been mooted by Bangladesh Prime Minister and Awami League president Sheikh Hasina.
Taking a dig at Pakistan, Menon said: "We are ready to work with anybody who is ready to fight terrorism. We think it is a threat to all of us. It is not only a threat to India or Bangladesh, it is a global threat. Terrorism recognizes no borders. We are ready to work with anybody who is ready, willing and capable to fight terrorism. That is our stand."
"A regional task force is a Bangladesh idea to get a group of countries to deal with this. We are still working on that, but as far as we are concerned, it is not a problem which any one Country can solve. It is a threat not for one, but for all. It is a problem that affects everybody and not all of us can solve alone," he added.
Menon also flayed Pakistan for backtracking on its commitment made at the highest level.
"We have made our principles clear. Pakistan has told us in 2004, on September 2008 at the highest levels, that they wouldight terrorism , we are waiting to see that happen," Menon said.
Earlier on Monday, both Bangladesh and India came down hard on Pakistan-sponsored terrorism. Dhaka has assured New Delhi that it will not allow inimical forces to use its land to spread terrorism in India.
India believes that If Islamabad continues with its hoodwinking campaign through the media and did not give a substantial reply to the Mumbai dossier at earliest, then tensions between the two nuclear armed South Asian neighbours will rise. (ANI)